1.29.2006

The Sound of the South

So I took a drive.

From Broward County, Florida to Contra Costa/Oakland, Ca. For the first 18hrs the radio staions pumped thru the south like nobodies business playing Chamillionaire, Bun B, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, UGK, 3-6 Mafia and more.. I even caught a mix show in Pensacola that was choppingand srewing everything and brining tracks back like old school DJs. I loved it, considering the perception of the south isn't very 'hip hop fundamentalist'.

I got a whole new appreciation for the DJs, announcer, production, promoters and most importantly the artist for making the music that has become influential in their area.

On a sad note.. I had witnessed the devastation from Katrina from Baton Rouge to Eastern Texas.. Houses are still damaged, trees are bent out of shape and the works.. my heart goes out those affected...

When the music hits you feel no pain....

No comments: